Sunday, February 15, 2009













Boy, it has been awhile since I've adding anything new to my blog. It's been busy around here ....still!! Same for everyone, I am sure! I've been busy painting all kinds of things. I've got my Traditions lessons going strong again and am feeling better about getting caught up. I am somewhat behind in the other two classes I am currently taking...Watercolor Journaling and Inspirational Journaling. I LOVE the watercolor class. In fact I did my first "real" watercolor the other day. This painting was published in the current issue of Paintworks, and since it is a farm scene, I had to try to paint it for my hubby. He loves it. I can see a lot of things I should have done differently, but hey, it's not bad for a newbie watercolorist!!!
Then I finished another Traditions lesson. This one was very difficult...layer after layer of transparent paint to achieve depth. It did turn out nicely, and I am wishing that I had spent the money of the box it was suppose to be painted on, instread of a masonite panel. Oh well, I can always do it again on another surface. We are studying Intensity in this Module and it is interesting. Here is my rendition of "Jonah and the whale".

I am now working on my newest lesson, which is a French Regency design and it is beautiful. Lots of flowers!!!





I have also been working on my Watercolor Journal and it is such fun.

Here are a couple of my recent pages....


These are just little quick sketches that I've done. I've got more and will upload them as I get time.
















I am ready for winter to be overwith. It has been such a cold one this year. We had some nice weather above freezing last week and got rid of a lot of the ice and snow we had piled up around here. It was just treacherous to walk anywhere....even from the house to the car to leave. I hate ice!! In the middle of the week, they have in the forecast for more snow....Oh goody!!!

2 comments:

Flor Larios Art said...

I like how you painted the waves... It is a cute little painting!
Have fun at your classes!
Come to my blog I am having an art box giveaway...see you there!
Flor

Martha Lever said...

Hi Sue---and fellow Michelle Brown classmate!! I made the journal from 140 lb arches paper and actually painted on a 300 lb for the cover. Then I punched holes with my Ribicoil that I ordered from Bonnie's Best tools. I use is all the time. We'll keep in touch!